Kolkata Knight Riders won a thrilling come-from-behind match against Sunrisers Hyderabad, securing their fourth win of the season. The hosts took early control, with KKR losing two wickets in the second over. However, Rinku Singh, Nitish Rana, and Andre Russell steadied the innings through the middle overs. SRH struck back, with wickets falling at regular intervals, but Markram and Klaasen stitched a 70-run stand to put SRH in a strong position. However, KKR held their nerve, with Chakravarthy taking three wickets in the final over to restrict SRH to 168 runs.
- Kolkata Knight Riders were struggling early on in their innings, but Rinku Singh, Nitish Rana and Andre Russell helped steady the ship through the middle overs.
- Despite losing Rana and Russell towards the end, KKR managed to post a competitive total of 171 for 9 thanks to some late hitting from Dinesh Karthik and Pat Cummins.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad got off to a good start in their chase, with Mayank Agarwal and Abhishek Sharma adding 29 runs in only 2.5 overs before Agarwal was dismissed.
- Rahul Tripathi played an aggressive innings, hitting a 4, 6 and 4 off Andre Russell, but was eventually dismissed for 23.
- A partnership between Aiden Markram and Heinrich Klaasen kept SRH in the game, but they faltered towards the end, failing to score the 9 runs they needed in the final over to secure a victory.
- This was a crucial win for KKR, who are now in fifth place in the IPL 2023 standings and fighting for a playoff spot.